The Empress Ballroom is an all ages, non-alcoholic, drug-free venue located off Main Street in the heart of Danbury. It is the primary venue of the area, hosting some of the best national and local bands around.
155 Main Street, Danbury CT 06810 (203)796-0000 Band load-in starts at 5PM Doors open at 7PM
This site is intended to spread the goodwill of the Empress Ballroom. We're not a bunch of assholes, as some people seem to think; we're only assholes when you're drunk and give us shit.
Not only is Empress there to listen to good music, Empress Ballroom is always looking for bands to book. Whether you're a national, local or whatever band, chances are Empress is will book you.
Call Empress @ (203) 796-0000 on Wednesdays between 8PM and 11:30PM or instant message "BookMyCrappyBand" or EMail @ email@example.com More information can be found here.
For any other questions, comments, etc: EMail firstname.lastname@example.org AIM: broken in eXodia (moderator) SkaNktacular777 (co-moderator/info whore) xxbreakintwo (co-moderator)
Keep in mind, this is for the site - not for Empress, smart ass.
1. This isn't a rule, but it's an idea starter. Here are some acceptable post ideas: - upcoming shows at Empress; promote your band! - show reviews - pictures - questions, comments about Empress - Ballroom stories; there's always something going on
2. Edit 04/15/05: Fuck introductory posts. It's a good idea to get the community moving and all, but I don't want it to be mandatory.
3. All pictures go under an LJ CUT, please. If you don't know how to do one, ask.
4. This is one community where band promos are good, but if your community sucks, don't bother to promote it. Or if it's a rating community; they're obnoxious.
5. Being polite gets you far in my book. Starting LJ drama will get your ass kicked by myself personally. Don't harrass people for their opinions, because I'm sure you've got a couple crappy opinions too.
6. 04/15/05: I think that a repeat of #5 deserves it's own spot, with a more forward/blunt way of stating it -- this community will have none of that LJ-Drama crap, ya dig?
Yeah, it's not a complete list; do you know how long that would take? Here's a list of some 'big name bands':
The Act Alexisonfire Allister Atreyu Autopilot Off Bayside Big D and the Kid's Table Bloodshot Hooligans Boys Night Out The Casualties Catch 22 Celldweller Count the Stars Dry Kill Logic Emery Fall Out Boy Flint Road From Autumn to Ashes From First to Last Grover Dill HateBreed Hawthorne Heights Jenoah Kicked in the Head Lost City Angels Lower Class Brats Madcap Motion City Soundtrack My Chemical Romance No Name Charlie's Plain White T's Poison the Well Red Chester RX Bandits Senses Fail The Spill Canvas Spitalfield A Static Lullaby Story of the Year Streetlight Manifesto Suburban Legends Sugarcult The Superspecs The Spill Canvas The Toasters Tokyo Rose Tsunami Bomb Unearth Unseen